Festival Safety First!
The 4th Annual Texas Fly Fishing & Brew Festival will be held on February 27-28, 2021, at our new festival home, the Mesquite Convention Center, in Mesquite, Texas. If you’ve never attended the Texas Fly & Brew before, you should know that this building has a 20-foot-high ceiling, consists of a single highly polished concrete floor, and has multiple bathrooms. It’s also connected to the festival hotel where we have reserved discounted rooms.
Here are steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our vendors and attendees:
- The Texas Fly & Brew will closely follow developments and guidelines from both the Texas Department of Health and the CDC to ensure maximum safety for our event and festival attendees.
- At this time Texas businesses must require patrons to wear masks while indoors. Both vendors and attendees will be required to wear masks at our event. If you can’t wear a mask for any reason, please visit us next year when they should not be required.
- The exceptional Mesquite Convention Center staff and our own diligent volunteers will work together to ensure clean bathrooms, eating areas, and other common high-use areas.
- Our decorators will create much wider aisles to ensure easier physical distancing and maximum vendor safety.
- We will make available any required additional sanitation areas (hand sanitizer stations).
- Vendors and instructors with temperatures over 100 degrees will not be allowed to enter the building.
- All free lecture areas have been increased significantly to ensure physical distancing.
- All paid class sizes have been reduced to ensure physical distancing.
Know that, as a former firefighter and career paramedic who served for 30 years, I take public safety and the health of our vendors and attendees very seriously. I will do everything in my power to ensure the safest, most informative, and most satisfying fly fishing event in the country.
I hope you join us in January.
God bless and stay safe,
Director, Texas Fly Fishing & Brew Festival